25/04/2012 | World Malaria Day 2012
Video message of UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon for World Malaria Day 2012
25/04/2012 | Ghana - Aloe Blacc
Aloe Blacc shines spotlight on progress to fight malaria in Ghana.
27/03/2012 | Ghana life-saving mosquito nets project
Our UK affiliate organisation – Malaria No More UK – is part of a groundbreaking collaboration of global, national and local partners working towards Ghana’s ambitious aim to make sure every home in the country is protected with life-saving mosquito nets by the end of 2012.
29/02/2012 | Conference postponed
Due to a few insurmountable problems we have taken the -difficult- decision to postpone the conference announced for next April. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but the conference is being postponed and not cancelled! The decision on a new date will be made as soon as possible and will then be published instantly.
08/11/2011 | A vaccin for malaria
Recently, the latest results of a study into a revolutionary vaccine against malaria were published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Even though the study has not been completed yet, the results are promising.
The shocking facts and figures:
- 655,000 people die every year from malaria, over 90% of these deaths are in Africa.
- Around half of the world’s population is at risk from malaria
- There were 216 million cases of malaria in 2010
- Every minute, a child dies from malaria.
- Malaria is the biggest cause of child mortality in Africa.
- Malaria costs Africa more than 12 billion dollars every year in health care and lost productivity.
- With your help, malaria can be prevented and cured!