Towards strengthening MIM into an organization
28 September 2013
The Multilateral Initiative on Malaria, MIM, is an alliance of individuals, funding partners and four autonomous constituents, MIM/TDR, MIMCom, MR4 and the MIM Secretariat who are all committed to the cause of malaria.
FIRST-EVER DRUG COMPOUND DEVELOPED ON AFRICAN SOIL, AN ANTIMALARIAL, TO MOVE TO HUMAN TRIALS
Researchers at MIM also presented new insights into preventing artemisinin resistance in Africa, squelching resistance in Southeast Asia and extending the life of ACTs
THE ADDRESS AND THE TELEPHONE NUMBER MENTIONED UNDERNEATH ARE NO LONGER ACCURATE.
PLEASE CONTACT US ON THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESSES:
APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED
From Sunday 6 October, up to and including Friday 11 October 2013, MIM and MRC organize the 6th Pan-African malaria conference. Malaria No More Netherlands is going to be present as well. Not only to support the MIM with parts of the orginazation, but to present MNM's newest, innovative and possibly world-changing ideas!
EIGHT NEW COMPOUNDS THAT CAN KILL INSECTICIDE-RESISTANT MOSQUITOES IDENTIFIED
At major malaria conference, talk of fast-tracking three candidates by 2014 as scientists warn resistance “could be devastating”.
The shocking facts and figures:
- 655,000 people die every year from malaria, over 90% of these deaths are in Africa.
- Around half of the world’s population is at risk from malaria
- There were 216 million cases of malaria in 2010
- Every minute, a child dies from malaria.
- Malaria is the biggest cause of child mortality in Africa.
- Malaria costs Africa more than 12 billion dollars every year in health care and lost productivity.
- With your help, malaria can be prevented and cured!